Saturday, July 20, 2013

Starting Another New Chapter

I have always had a strong love of books and reading.  As a little girl, I loved the Anne of Green Gables series, Little House on the Prairie, and of course, Little Women.  In high school, I fell in love with To Kill a Mockingbird and The Chrysalids.  During my study-free university summers, I was crazy for the Harry Potter series, Memoirs of a Geisha and The Colour Purple, (which still remains my most read book of all time).  There are books that remind me of falling in love with my husband (anything by David Sedaris), of each of my pregnancies (The Time Travellers Wife, The Memory Keeper’s Daughter) and of my first year being a mom (Water for Elephants, the Twilight series – but let’s not talk about that one, okay?).   Over the last year, I’ve been reading a lot of parenting books while the stack of fictional goodness on my nightstand just keeps getting taller and taller. 

My love of reading is something that I’m so happy to be passing down to my kids.  They have always been surrounded by books and they love them all.  There has rarely been a night since they were born where we haven’t snuggled up before bed and read a story together (or five).  There are books I’m saving for my kids because they were so loved that they have fallen apart completely (Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?), and books that I just can’t seem to part with even though they have outgrown them (That’s Not My Dinosaur, Goodnight Moon).

That’s why I’m so excited to announce that I have once again joined Usborne Books as a sales consultant.  I first started with Usborne in 2010, while on my second maternity leave.  I loved booking home parties and sharing my love of these amazing books with other moms.  I would get irrationally excited every time the delivery truck pulled up to my house with boxes of books that I could see, touch and smell.  I LOVE NEW BOOKS!  I took a break from selling once I headed back to work but I’ve missed it so much and am ready to re-launch my business – Books From the Red House.   

Be sure to check out my Books From the Red House Facebook page for exciting updates and more information on Usborne Books and how you can get involved.  If you’re in the Hamilton area, I’m currently booking home parties into August – let me know if you would like to host a party and receive free books! 

It feels so good to be surrounding myself with these amazing books once again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment